Have you ever peered behind the curtain of workplace culture, especially through the lens of Learning and Development (L&D)? Learn how to uncover the underbelly of organizational culture and how it can be alarmingly weaponized in this article by Fearless Culture.
*These resources are recommended for their educational value and are not an EDU Fellowship original work. All rights belong to the original creator.
In these articles, you'll discover:
- There are subtle yet powerful ways values can be twisted for manipulation.
- How feedback, a tool for growth, can be misused to control and punish.
- The double-edged sword of psychological safety and its potential misuse.
- The fine line between a unifying culture and a cult-like environment.
- The pitfalls of using 'culture fit' as a mask for discrimination.
💜 Why It Resonated
This piece struck a chord with me because it shifts the focus from the usual L&D narratives to something more critical – the health of workplace culture. It's a wake-up call urging us to look deeper into how the principles we advocate in L&D can be distorted and used against the people we aim to empower and develop.
Understanding these dynamics is crucial. It's not just about developing skills and knowledge; it's also about nurturing a healthy, inclusive, and genuinely supportive workplace culture. This resource challenges us to think critically and act thoughtfully in our roles.
* Gain a deeper understanding of how workplace culture can be weaponized, with nuanced insights specific to the themes of manipulation, psychological safety, and the misuse of feedback.
*Discover practical, ready-to-implement strategies designed explicitly for L&D professionals to counteract the negative aspects of workplace culture highlighted in the article.
*Learn from scenarios that illustrate the concepts discussed, enhancing your ability to apply these ideas in your own L&D environment.
Ready to lead with more insight and impact? Become a Pro Member and unlock a world of advanced L&D content.
💡 The Big Ideas
The resource we're discussing here delves into a critical, often overlooked aspect of organizational life: the weaponization of workplace culture. As an L&D professional, I find this topic particularly relevant because it directly impacts the environments in which learning and development occur. Here's a breakdown of the big ideas and concepts presented in the resource: